Do you want to form an ALPES team? Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll set up a "team". I'll be out of town but would love to have a team with y'all representing Wake County Latinos!
18th annual Triangle Run/Walk for Autism
Saturday, Oct. 8
9:00 am | Raleigh
NEW START LOCATION:
Halifax Mall, north of the state legislative building and the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences. The mall is bounded by Lane, Salisbury, and Wilmington streets.
Entry fee: $30
Register online by Thursday, Sept. 22, for a T-shirt!
Be a superstar fundraiser!
Your participation in the Triangle Run/Walk for Autism helps us raise awareness, but the donations are what enable us to provide support and promote opportunities for those affected by autism in your community. Asking friends and family to sponsor you as you run or walk is the easiest way to increase your impact.
Try our easy tips:
1. Use a fundraising approach that reflects your style, whether it be personal letters, emails, direct asks, Facebook, or telephone calls. You'll do best with one that reflects your personality.
2. Write a list of potential supporters such as your employer, family, friends, hairstylist, doctor, dentist, real estate agent, sorority/fraternity members, car dealer, clients, colleagues, and neighbors. Check people off as you contact them.
3. Share with others how their donations will make a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by autism.
4. Be sure to include the link to your personal fundraising page as often as possible, to make it easy for people to donate.
5. Set a fundraising goal and share it. Keep people updated on how close you are to your goal.
6. Ask for a specific donation level or that people match your donation.
7. Lead by example. The easiest donation will come from you and will motivate others.
1. Ask a local restaurant or store to donate a percentage of sales from one night to your team.
2. Place a jar in a business for people to donate their spare change.
3. Get creative by holding a garage sale, bake sale, car wash, or chili cook-off.
4. Find out whether your employer has a matching gifts program. If so, you can easily double your dollars raised.
For more helpful techniques, be sure to check out our Team Captain Handbook.
Thank you for being a part of our biggest fundraisers of the year! Each donation brings us closer to our goals to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by autism.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Alianza Latina Pro-Educación en Salud