Queridos miembros y amigos de ALPES,
Estamos enviando nuevamente la agenda y recordatorio de nuestras elecciones para hoy, Martes 08 de Octubre.
As you might know, ALPES hasn’t had elections for the executive committee in a few years so…It’s time for elections!!!
Read ALPES By-Laws regarding membership status, voting guidelines and officer descriptions and duties.
Nominate a candidate (before you nominate them please confirm with him/her if they agree with the nomination).
Send the name of your candidate by email to Eva Pinales, Luke Keeler, and Petra Hager
EVA PINALES firstname.lastname@example.org, Luke.Keeler@wakegov.com, Petra.Hager@wakegov.com
Also include the name of the position you are nominating him/her for.
We will vote on the executive committee nominations at our meeting on October 8th, 2019, which will start at 12:00 pm.
The ALPES executive committee is accepting nominations from now to October 2nd, 2019.
Section 3.2: Status
The membership of ALPES will be composed of both voting and honorary members.
The voting members shall consist of the individuals who have done the following:
· Completed a membership registration form and paid fee.
· Agree to support the mission, vision, and goals of ALPES.
· Participate actively in ALPES activities.
· Attend 4 of the 6 annual meetings.
Voting members must attend 4 of the 6 regularly scheduled annual meetings and participate actively in an ALPES Committee. Voting members are eligible to vote on all matters that come before ALPES.
These are past presidents, who support the work, of ALPES. Honorary members receive all membership privileges. Honorary members may serve on Committees but cannot be officers. Honorary members must be nominated and selected by the ALPES Executive Committee.
Committees are composed of both voting and honorary members and are responsible for carrying out activities related to the goals and objectives specified in the strategic plan for ALPES. Committees may engage other community members for the time/work of the committees. Voting members must attend 4 of the 6 regularly scheduled annual meetings.
Dismissal of Members
Those members who do not attend the required number of meetings (or who do not notify the President or Vice President, in advance, with a justified cause for their fourth and subsequent absences) or who interfere with the achievements, mission, and goals of ALPES, may have their privileges revoked and/or be dismissed by the Executive Committee.
Article 5: Officers
Section 5.1: Officers
The officers of ALPES shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, (2) Committee Chairs and Co-Chairs; and all of those shall be members of the Executive Committee.
Section 5.2: Election and Terms
The President shall be elected by voting members of ALPES following nominations drawn from the membership. Officers shall serve the following terms beginning with the start of the fiscal year (January 1 – December 31). Officers may be re-elected only once consecutively to the same office (in other words, they can serve only two successive terms in the same office).
· President: Two consecutive years
· Vice President: Two consecutive years
· Two Secretaries: Two consecutive years
· Committee Chairs and Co-Chairs: Two consecutive years
Section 5.3: Vacancies
The Executive Committee shall appoint one of its members to fill a vacancy in any one of elected offices of ALPES for the un-expired term.
Section 5.4: Duties
This section contains information about the duties of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Committee Chairs.
The President shall do the following:
- Preside meetings of ALPES alternating with the Vice President every other meeting. Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and act as the Chair.
- Serve as an ex-oficio member of all committees.
- Call all meetings of ALPES.
- Establish meeting’s agenda together with the executive committee.
- Appoint members to all special committees.
- Report the motions of the office and offer recommendations to the membership on an annual basis.
The Vice President shall do the following:
- Assist the President in the administration of the affairs of ALPES.
- Preside 3 of 6 meetings of ALPES.
- Establish meetings an agenda, in collaboration with the Executive Committee.
- Officiate or designate a substitute in the absence of the President.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee.
The Secretaries shall do the following:
- Divide, every other meeting, secretary duties such as:
- Remind ALPES members of meetings dates and times.
- Disseminate announcements of events
- Arrange for written minutes to be taken during all meetings of ALPES and its’ committees.
- Provide written minutes to all members of ALPES.
- Keep track of written minutes and other correspondence.
- "Keep track of the attendance to the meetings."
- Maintain a current members resource and email list, welcome new members and ensure new member paperwork if filled out.
The Committee Chairs shall do the following:
- Convene the Committee meetings.
- Keep the ALPES President informed, on a monthly basis, of all the activities of the Committee.
- Participate in the Executive Committee Meetings.
Alianza Latina Pro-Educación en Salud
Follow us on: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn